This post contains Amazon affiliate links.
Here’s a super simple pasta recipe that is a staple of my meal planning. It works great with any kind of pasta and any shape.
I love using red or yellow lentil pasta, which offers 13 to 23g of plant-based protein per serving. It is gluten-free but the taste and texture is the closest to traditional wheat pasta than anything else I’ve tried.
My favorite brands of lentil pasta are:
- 1 8-10 oz. box of pasta
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce. I like Ragu Simply, in traditional or chunky marinara.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Fill a pot with enough water to cook pasta. Bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook as directed on the box.
- In another pot, brown ground beef. Then drain.
- Put ground beef back on the stove, and add the sauce. Using the sauce jar, add 1/2 jar of water. Optional, but I also like to add 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise for creaminess. Let simmer while pasta boils.
- Drain and rinse pasta. Then add pasta to the sauce and stir well.
© Michelle Rogers, Inc.
Subscribe to my newsletter to receive new posts by email! Go