We love muffins at our house, and this recipe is one of my family’s favorites. Power through your day with these healthy treats full of oats and honey goodness!
This post contains Amazon affiliate links.
- 1.5 cups quick-cooking steel cut oats, or quick-cooking regular oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk, or regular milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 small boxes (1.5 oz) of raisins, or 1/2 cup
- Optional: 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg. Add milk, oil and honey; combine well.
- Stir liquid mixture into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Add additional milk if needed.
- Fold in raisins and nuts.
- Fill a greased 12-cup muffin pan (or use paper cupcake liners), using a scoop.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pan.
- Remove muffins from pan to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
Makes 12 muffins.
Nutritional facts per muffin (without nuts): 236 calories, 4.3 g protein, 41 g carbohydrates
Subscribe to my newsletter to receive new posts by email! Go