Here’s a recipe that’s perfect for Superbowl Sunday or any occasion you have a group of hungry family or friends to feed, but don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen — Crockpot Shredded Barbecue Chicken!
Not only is it delicious and super EASY, it’s also low in calories and high in protein! At about 127 calories and 17 g of protein per serving (not including bread), it’s a no-guilt meal that’s filling.
Here’s exactly how to do it.
Place 2 lbs. of whole boneless chicken breasts in the slow cooker. Add 1/2 bottle barbecue sauce and about 3/4 cup water, enough to mostly cover the chicken.
Slow cook on high for 4 hours. When finished cooking, use two forks (serving forks work great) to “shred” the chicken in the pot. Then stir well to combine.
See this quick video for our shredding technique:
Serve on rolls if desired; or for a low-carb option, on its own.
Easy Crockpot Shredded Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- 2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts, whole
- 1/2 bottle barbecue sauce
- Approx. 3/4 cup water
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker with spray cooking oil.
- Place chicken in the slow cooker.
- Add barbecue sauce and water, enough to mostly cover the chicken.
- Slow cook on high for 4 hours.
- When finished cooking, use two forks (serving forks work great) to “shred” the chicken in the pot; then stir well to combine.
Makes about 12 servings (2.6 oz.)
©Michelle Rogers, Inc.
This post contains an affiliate link.----------------------------------------
Take online exercise classes and workshops with me! Try it for free!