Here’s something anyone would be happy to find in their Christmas stocking, Easter basket or for Valentine’s Day — chocolate peanut butter cups! We love them with dark chocolate, but they are yummy with milk chocolate as well. These cups are no-bake and super easy to make. You’ll never want to buy artificially-flavored candy again!
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 bags Ghirardelli Dark Melting Wafers (or, 1-2 bags milk chocolate chips if preferred)
- 2 tablespoons shortening (we prefer organic palm shortening)
- In a mixer, beat together powdered sugar, peanut butter and butter. Add milk one tablespoon at a time, and continue to beat together until the dough softens. Dough will still be somewhat crumbly but should mostly stick together; otherwise add another tablespoon of milk.
- Using your hands, make small (1″) balls from the dough.
- Place a cooling rack on a cookie sheet. Spray with cooking spray. Place the balls on the rack, and put in the freezer for an hour.
- When you’re ready to assemble the peanut butter cups, in a bowl add chocolate wafers and shortening. Microwave 30 seconds at a time. Stir every 30 seconds until melted, approx. one minute. Use immediately.
- In a mini muffin (2″) pan, place mini muffin/candy liners. Put a teaspoon of chocolate into the bottom of each, enough to cover bottom.
- Place a dough ball in each. Top with 1-2 additional teaspoons of chocolate, to cover.
- Let set until chocolate is firm. Enjoy!
Makes about 48 small peanut butter cups.
Click photos to enlarge:
Please note: These are very sweet treats and may not be appropriate for everyone. I practice moderation in all aspects of my diet. As for the peanut butter cups and eggs, I enjoy them but I generally reserve these for special occasions, such as making gourmet gifts for holidays.
©Michelle Rogers, Inc.
Video from a live Periscope broadcast:
This post contains Amazon affiliate links.
Take online exercise classes and workshops with me! Try it for free!