Here’s a sweet treat that makes a welcome addition to any meal. It’s also wonderful on its own as a snack or quick breakfast. When you have bananas that are over-ripened and need to be used up, these muffins are a great option.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour (can substitute Pillsbury Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray standard-size muffin pan with spray oil, or use cupcake papers.
- Beat sugar and butter in mixer on medium speed.
- Add eggs. Beat until blended.
- Add bananas and water; beat until smooth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except chocolate chips just until moistened; stir in chips.
- Scoop into muffin pan, about 3/4 full.
- Bake 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan a few minutes. Remove muffins from pan and cool on rack.
Makes about 18 muffins.
© Michelle Rogers, Inc.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links.
Find out about my online and in-person personal training services for women over 40.