This recipe makes deliciously crispy, juicy chicken and has become one of my standards.
Often I will cook a tray of chicken on Sundays for my workweek lunches. Then I’ll wrap individual servings in foil, and take one with me to work to reheat in the toaster oven for lunch (350 degrees for 15 minutes). Invariably, someone will come into the office at lunchtime and want to know what smells SO wonderful!
Here it is — my scrumptious homemade shake and bake. I’ve included the option for using regular bread crumbs or wheat-free versions. They all turn out great.
- 2 cups plain bread crumbs; or Kellogg’s Corn Flakes Crumbs; or Gluten Free Plain Crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a gallon ziploc bag, add all ingredients except oil and shake to mix well.
- When ready to use, add vegetable oil and shake well to mix.
To make baked chicken:
- One at a time, place chicken pieces in bag and shake to coat.
- Spray a rack with spray oil. Place chicken on rack on a sheet pan.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 45-50 minutes for bone-in chicken; 25 minutes for boneless; or until done. Enjoy!
© Michelle Rogers, Inc.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links.
Find out about my online and in-person personal training services for women over 40.