This tender and delicious chicken recipe is one of my standards. As part of my Sunday night meal prep of workweek lunches, often I’ll make several pieces so I can have with salad all week long. It’s a restaurant-quality meal in minutes!
For this recipe you’ll need a cast iron grill pan with ribbed bottom.
1. Cut large boneless breasts in half. Place 2 at a time in large ziploc bag, and pound with mallet to even out.
2. Marinate breasts in fridge in a ziploc bag with your favorite marinade, anywhere from a few minutes to a day.
3. Heat a cast iron grill pan with ribbed bottom, on stove on high until it is very hot (smoking).
4. Grill breasts about 1 minute on each side.
5. Transfer chicken to a sheet pan lined with foil, and cook in preheated oven at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until done.
This method also works well for tofu.
Safety note: Keep a potholder handy for grabbing the handle of your cast iron pan.
© Michelle Rogers, Inc.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links.
Find out about my online and in-person personal training services.