Here’s a delicious, decadent brownie recipe with no wheat and no butter. It was developed by my husband Keith, a pastry chef. And because it’s made with black beans (trust me, you’ll never know they’re in there), peanut butter and eggs, each serving boasts 5 grams of protein. Honestly, I love the taste of these brownies more than the traditional recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 15 oz. can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups roasted sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup melted chocolate (any brand of bittersweet or semisweet melting chocolate or melted chocolate chips)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Grind seeds with the oil in a food processor
- Add beans, grind.
- Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl.
- Add sugar, cocoa and baking powder. Mix together.
- Add eggs, mix.
- Add melted chocolate, mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine peanut butter and 1/2 cup of the brownie mixture.
- Spray a 13 x 19″ baking pan with cooking spray.
- Put batter in pan. Swirl peanut butter mixture into it with a spoon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick comes clean when inserted.
- Cool in pan.
Recipe by Keith Rogers
©Michelle Rogers, Inc.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links.
Find out about my online and in-person personal training services for women over 40.