These crispy chicken tenders with dip are perfect finger foods for holiday entertaining!
Preparation time: 20 minutes (plus 2 hours marinating)
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds of chicken tenders
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1 bag of Udi’s Ancient Grain Crisps – Aged Cheddar
- 1 large bowl to marinate the chicken
- 1 small bowl to mix the spices
- 3 pans to do the breading, 5x8x1
- 1 cookie sheet pan
- 1 baking/cooling rack, size of cookie sheet
- Mix together the onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, poultry seasoning, salt, and black pepper.
- Take half of the spice mixture and mix with 2 cups of the buttermilk. Add the chicken tenders to the buttermilk mixture and marinate under refrigeration for a minimum of two hours, or overnight if desired.
- Take the other half of the spice mixture and mix with the cornmeal and rice flour. Set this aside until the chicken is through marinating.
- Whip the eggs and last ½ cup of buttermilk.
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Setup three pans to dip the chicken tenders; in pan one place the cornmeal, seasoning and rice flour, in the second pan put the buttermilk egg mixture, and in the last pan put the crushed Udi’s crisps.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment and place the wire baking racks in the pan. Spray the wire rack with pan spray.
- Remove the chicken tenders one at a time from the buttermilk marinade and thoroughly coat with the cornmeal mixture, then dip in the egg and buttermilk mixture and lastly dip in the crushed Udi’s crisps. Place them on the wire rack leaving a half inch of space around the tenders.
- Bake for 10 minutes then flip over each and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Check the internal temperature to be 170 F. If they are not done, give them a few more minutes.
- Serve with the grainy mustard dip recipe below.
Grainy Mustard Dip
- 1/4 cup prepared grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared horse radish
- 2 tablespoon coconut nectar or agave
- 3 tablespoon mayonnaise
Mix all ingredients together and serve with chicken tenders.
Recipe by Keith Rogers
Disclosure: I received Udi’s products complimentary to review.
©Michelle Rogers, Inc.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links.