As an alternative to granola bars, I’ve developed my own protein bar recipe, with peanut butter, oats, nuts, protein powder and (of course!) chocolate chips.
It’s now my favorite low-sugar, high-protein snack — delicious, healthy and filling. Best of all, it’s super easy to make! See video tutorial below
Try them out and let me know what you think in the comments.
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 4 scoops vanilla flavored whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped or crushed unsalted peanuts (or, just use chunky peanut butter instead of creamy)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
Optional: 1/4 cup raisins, cranberries, and/or almonds; 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
Stir ingredients well in large bowl. Line 8″ square baking ban with waxed paper. Spread dough in pan. Freeze for 30 minutes. Cut into 9 bars.
Makes nine 2″ squares.
Note: These are soft and chewy bars. For best results, wrap individually and store in refrigerator.
©Michelle Rogers, Inc.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links.